Wednesday 4 August 2010

Permanent Procrastination

Its been a while so I thought I'd at least update on my lack of updates.


I haven't really played any poker since being at Jon's and grinding a bit there. I've occasionally found myself satisfying an urge and 2-tabling 50/1 but nothing in the way of tournaments. Plus, those small bursts of energy on 50/1 have actually earned me few quid!

I feel like I've done nothing but I think I've actually done quite a lot since my last blog post. A few days after that I went down to London for a week to celebrates various birthday's and graduations alike. Nothing really went according to plan but it was real good fun - particularly the surprise birthday party I organised for my girlfriend. That went down well and earned me some brownie points! We also stayed in a hotel in West London for a week, which was pretty awesome, simply due to the fact that it was like a holiday in London, as opposed to constantly having to study or work or whatever.

I successfully managed to drop £110 on roulette during my stay there. Apparently a £2 min bet is epically expensive. Although, £15 on 36 red was the highlight of my endeavours. Fortunately I was with people I had to "act calm" with. My girlfriend (not even me, honestly..) portrayed me as this baller who doesn't give a toss about money. So whilst this one guy is hitting numbers for fun, I'm hitting the dealer (mentally) but I have to maintain a calm persona. I was literally blowing steam inside but it kind of made it amusing and obviously Melina was in hysterics cos she knew how pissed off I was. Good times.

It was generally an awesome week to be fair. I shipped a new car for birthday and then had a few mates round on Saturday night, back in Newport, to celebrate all over again. It turned out to be an amusing advert for the household - a bit of a reality tv show but it was a good laugh and those that came are effectively friends of the family in its entirety, with the way my parents are. That makes it all the more fun cos everyone engages in the banter and its more enjoyable, less awkward etc. More good times.

After that it was Global Gathering, Phenomenal. I could write an essay on it at least but I think "less is more" becomes effective in this instance. The whole thing was mind-blowing and it reminded me how good such things are.

Now its on to Greece - I leave in a few hours! Three weeks of sun, sea, sand and sex. The only thing I am definitely doing is a bungee jump. I half experienced one in Global. I say half cos it was a shitty little one off a crane and I was pretty drunk so didn't exactly enjoy it. I passed this one in Greece last summer and I've said I'm doing it. So I am. Other than that I think its going to be a really chilled three weeks. No trips to islands etc are planned as yet, see what happens when I'm out there.

Maybe I'll turn this blog into something else for the time being and I'll update on my trip when I get back, if its at all exciting! Its kinda weird now cos it will be the 4th time I will go over there. I'm not one for going to the same holiday destination twice but given the circumstances I'm effectively obliged to. I know my way around the place, where's best to eat and drink, what road to take there etc etc etc. Its sort of odd cos I don't feel like I'm going away right now. Anyway, I digress.

Three weeks after that I'll be back in London for an internship and its possible I'll stay there at that point, look for a new place and then get back into uni and ultimately poker. My roll is still around the $1300 mark so its decent enough to get grinding with.

We'll see! GL in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment