Tuesday 28 September 2010

Update

I guess I am guilty of not fulfilling promises, again, but I won't dwell on that!


I've had a pretty hectic time of it since my last update. Predominantly that's been down to university starting back up and my housing situation, or distinct lack of it. I'm currently staying at a friends house and they (couple) fortunately have a spare room. Its actually been epic and we have a right laugh consistently but obviously its something I'd rather nip in the bud. I'd rather end on a high than let it drag out a little and end up leaving because its becoming a tad strained. But anyway, the situation has had an affect of my poker-playing abilities due to the fact I can't be entirely unsociable in someone else's house!

Uni has also started back up and to be honest I'm really motivated and as a result probably enjoying it more. Its setting in that I graduate in nine months time or so and as a result I'm determined to come out with what I want. There are lots of positives to take from things at the moment. Although negatives too but I won't dwell on them either!


So, on the poker front... I have managed to play a fair few hands on 50/1. My purpose behind that was basically to avoid becoming completely stagnate and needing considerable time to get in the groove. It also has its financial benefits! I'm set up on PokerSavvy but its just been impossible to find the time to study any videos properly - having them on in the background whilst doing other things is just pointless. But anyway, through 50/1 I've managed to work the roll back up to near the $2k mark so I'm providing myself with a decent foundation from which to work from again. I'd like to jump straight in there and at least be grinding for some decent bucks and with this roll I can do that again.

For the time being I'm not going to be able to get in to tournament mode but I do hope to allocate more time for Savvy videos, whilst also mixing in some cash to keep it fresh in my mind. I have zero plans to get a place of my own right now either - I'm not paying a dime to be here so it makes sense. Instead, if the right place comes along - I'll jump on it. I'm active though, just a crying shame that poker requires so much commitment to maintain the levels of the start of this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment