Sunday 29 November 2009

May it Continue

Not really sure that the whole feeling of last night's euphoria has really sunk in yet... I mean ok, its not great deal, people ship tournaments everyday. I'm not even that impressed by the sum of money etc. What's impressive is that I finally managed to actually ship one of these donkaments and not just get close..its long overdue.

Anyway, more importantly I guess I'm pretty shell-shocked by the consequences of it. I have always bitched and moaned about not keeping hold of poker winnings and maintaining a roll. Well this is it now, this is for real. I want to try and keep so focused, so serious, so committed and so determined with it now. Its really surreal in some respects, Jon has been persistent in his determination to get me grinding again for weeks and I made the decision over the last week/10 days to focus a bit more on poker than I have been. Yet I made the deposit mid-afternoon on Saturday and by Sunday morning my bankroll had grown like 5 times as much! It really sets me up..

As a result I have set myself targets and benchmarks but I don't intend to publish those just yet as I have only played 10 tournaments! Don't anticipate shipping another big tournament for a while but I am hoping to hit a few ft's and take down a few scores.

Needless to say my weekly schedule has had to be tweaked a little as its become pointless playing the smaller buy-ins that I would have been. The standard is also probably pretty similar imo (between the $5 and the $11). The new schedule looks like this:

 BWIN


>>> 5.15pm : $5.50 buy-in, $3,500 GTD

>>> 6.20pm : $11 buy-in, $1,500 GTD

>>> 8.30pm : $11 buy-in, $5,000 GTD

>>> 9pm : $5.50 buy-in, $7,000 GTD

>>> 10.30pm : $5.50 buy-in, $4,500 GTD


 DTD


>>> 6.30pm : €6.60 buy-in, €1000 GTD, Deepstack

>>> 7.35pm : €3.30 buy-in, €1000 GTD

>>> 8.35pm : €10+1 buy-in, €3,500 GTD

>>> 9.45pm : €5.50 buy-in, €1000 GTD, Deepstack


 STARS


>>> 5pm : $11 buy-in, $8,000 GTD

>>> 6pm : $5.50 buy-in, $20,000 GTD

>>> 7pm : $3.30 buy-in, $1,500 GTD

>>> 7pm : $11 buy-in, $30,000 GTD

>>> 8.15pm : $11 buy-in, $15,000 GTD

>>> 9pm : $8.80 buy-in, $5,000 GTD

>>> 10.40pm : $4.40 buy-in, $2,000 GTD

(plus $4.40 & $7.70 180mans)


That is a list consisting of tournaments that run on a daily basis, all week, and that I am prepared to play and am rolled to play. I don't intend to have more than 4/5 tables up at anyone time and I don't intend to concentrate solely on the $11s, prefer to mix in a decent amount of the $5.50's. Based on the 200 buy-in rule the $11 is literally at the top end of my roll so I shall monitor that with interest.

In terms of figures from last night, there is no point in quoting them given the minute sample size. However, without the big win I would still have been in profit by $15 due to two other cashes. With the big win, my roll stands at $2042.56 and long may it continue to grow!!

Unfortunately I have quite a busy week both at uni and in terms of nights out (night out Tuesday, double date bollocks on Thursday, we are throwing a mini house party on Friday and about 4 million essays due in somewhere in between). This means a lack of volume I imagine. However, I hope to be able to put in a session tomorrow and Wednesday, just means my back is against the wall with uni so it could be subject to change..

Anyway, GL, will post updates accordingly..

No comments:

Post a Comment