Monday 30 November 2009

Second Session

Put in another session tonight which has just come to a close. Unsurprisingly there were no final tables or shipping tournaments, I will have to wait a while for another of them!

The session tonight was fairly successful despite the bankroll dropping just slightly. I believe it started off at $2042 (so sick writing that) and unless this $4.40 180man comes through, it shall end on $2025.02 (not as sick). I cashed in three tournaments, including the Daily 30k on Stars which saw me bust out in the top 300 of one of their crazy fields. This is something I am pleased with because I seem to be making some pretty deep runs in a fair amount of tournaments (inc. prior to Saturday), which can only improve my game due to experience. Indeed, there was a real contrast in standard tonight I felt. I broke into the top 30/40 in two DTD tournaments respectively and the standard there was so much poorer compared to Stars. This is pleasing given that I can recognise a difference, coupled with the fact that I will improve whilst also hopefully winning some cash!

I'm also happy with the amount of volume that I have been able to put in. That is a total of 17 tournaments played now, with my initial aim to play somewhere in the region of 15-20 a week. Clearly I shall exceed this, which is only a good thing. Get on another heater asap imo!

Unfortunately the volume will drop a bit now though. Tomorrow night I am out and I have to get a lot of work done this week so its out the way for next week. I hope to put in a session on Weds night providing at least one of my pending essays is completed. Failing that, it could well be the weekend before I next hit the felt! At the moment I am pretty much nocturnal, which is off the back of working bar hours but I slowly intend to fix this and when I do I may look at the prospect of maintaining the volume via day-time sessions.

GL

2 comments:

  1. "get on another heater asap imo!"

    how can you go from a heater to a cooler and want another heater in the space of 17 tournaments??!? sample size?!

    Make an End of November post, even though it will be tiny. Then include targets for December. Structure it like:

    - 100 tournaments
    - Go to gym 10 times
    - Post 5 strategy posts a night on 2+2
    - Play live twice
    - Make sure Jon puts in volume and ends this shit downswing
    etc etc

    dont target/state a profit goal because variance changes profits/loses, but YOU can affect all the things i just wrote. do something like that, then on 31st dec you can tick or cross them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ Jon part.

    The wanting a heater thing has nothing to do with sample size. I wasn't moaning about or highlighting the fact that I am suddenly on a downswing. Tonight was standard...made a few mistakes, ran good at times, ran bad at times. My point was, I want to continue shipping tournaments. Douche.

    As for an end of November post, I thought about doing that having read yours but decided against it based on similar logic as you used in your comment above - tiny sample size etc.

    Once I have played 50+ tournaments, whenever that is, I will analyse and summarise accordingly. My month started on 28th November..

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete