Wednesday 7 October 2009

First Session!

I thought to myself "its all down to volume so sod it, lets got on with it!". Drew up some guidelines and spreadsheets, made the $325 (100 buy-in) deposit and got to work.

In terms of the guidelines, they consist of how much I can play during the week, how many tables, setting targets etc etc. Will discuss them more as they arise, not really strictly relevant right now however.

Anyway, I played 8 tournaments..

Final tabled 4 of them and cashed in 3, coming 3rd twice and 4th once.

That provided me with a net profit of $31, so we are on our way!

Something I did note down during play was that my end game was restricted by the amount of tables. I have no issue with 6-tabling for the majority of the tournament, just making the standard shove/fold/call sort of moves and hope I win the flips. However, I like to pay more attention to players having reached the final table but they literally all occurred at once, hence the reason I didn't manage to make it HU or even cash in one of them. Don't think I will alter this as I don't want to jeopardise the volume, but certainly need to improve this area.

I took positives from my ability to abuse the bubble. Albeit a small sample size I was happy with the way I played on the bubble, shoving with the bottom of my range, something I would have been reluctant to do in the past!

Anyway, think that will be it for tonight, not got work anymore as I phoned in sick but unfortunately I am actually ill! Probably take the night off everything, get up tomorrow, do a lot of uni work in the morning and then have a big session tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Exicted for whats coming... GL

No comments:

Post a Comment