Friday 9 October 2009

Keep it Coming!

Had another good session last night, playing a total of 28 games over two sessions, taking the total to 36 games played.

My roll is now up to $436, from the original $325 deposited on just Wednesday!
I have had two 1sts, two 2nds, two 3rds and one of each from 4th-7th. As a result of this I am currently showing an ROI of 95%!

Clearly I am extremely pleased with the results but after analysing a few hands after with Jon and looking back at the notes I had taken during games, I am not entirely happy with a certain few things. We agreed on there being a few spots where I should have been shoving but didn't. Not entirely happy with this as this area of my game is generally quite good I feel but more importantly, crucial in these games at this stake. If I nail that aspect of my SNG game then I can continue to show an outrageous ROI because people at this stake just don't get that, enough volume and enough learning will see me come good. Intend to get on 2p2 on Sunday though for more opinions.

There are a few other things which I felt I did wrong in the latter session last night, indeed I should have had a further 2 cashes but it wasn't to be due to silly mistakes. I won't go into them, the fact that I can identify a mistake is positive so I will leave it at that now!

With regard to the ROI above etc. Its interesting because I set myself the targets of reaching $500 by reading week (second week of November) and achieving an ROI of 40%. Clearly I am killing these targets. Obviously variance is yet to kick in but I would like to think a 60-70% ROI (as on lower stake and Everest) is obtainable. Maybe I should be eyeing up moving up stakes after say 200 games and closing in on a four figure roll, which I had aimed to achieve by 2010!.
Sticking to a maximum of 72 games per week though, to ensure a balanced life and no neglecting of uni. So with that in mind I should have played 200 games by the end of the month, at that time hopefully I am still showing a good profit and have a 100 buy-ins for higher stakes in order to move up.

Can't play until Sunday now due to work but looking forward to getting back to it then. GL.

No comments:

Post a Comment