Thursday 15 October 2009

Variance....

Well I completed a fair few games yesterday and Tuesday but didn't update blog at the time, partly due to being irritated I think!

64 games completed, only a $56 profit and a measly 27% ROI!

Running horrifically in general but obviously variance is kicking in! However, really disappointed with myself in certain circumstances.

1) My inability to run good should not affect my game but I am letting it influence my mentality, which in turn ruins my ability to bring my 'A' game to the table.
2) Falling back into the same traps of peer pressure. This is purely a critcism of myself but I had railer(s) and there were certain situations/moves which I may not have pulled off if I was playing on my own. It ended up being both good and bad i.e. it may have been the right move and paid off or the wrong move that didn't but I set about this professionally and I want/need to maintain that. By grinding only when others are or being on msn whilst grinding I won't gain the best results. The first 36 games were spent isolated and focused so its no surprise that I go from a 96% ROI to a 27% ROI when the isolation and focus evaporates.

Variance has admittedly taken its toll but I need to play through it in order for the pendulum to swing round! Managed to severe two fingers at work last night so not fully mobile in all honesty, making things difficult. However, as a result my writing skills are lacking so uni attendance shall suffer further tomorrow allowing for grinding during the day. Hiring a car over the weekend and making a few trips out of London so won't have much time come Friday night. Need to finish off last weeks' schedule (8 games remain) as well as make a start on this (72 remain!).

Shall start now! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment