Sunday 3 January 2010

Happy New Year

Firstly, Happy New Year... Hope 2010 is a good one!

On that note, had a pretty decent entry into the new decade after a good night out with the boys. Was really good getting everyone together and once out in town the banter was flowing at a rate of knots - just like the booze! Only downsides were paying £10 to get into Mainerz and the fact it was probably the last night out we'll have!

Tonight also saw my first session of the decade! Although, it was nothing to write home about! I played 5 tournaments across Bwin and VC, bubbling them all - pretty annoying! Just wasn't my night really, got trapped by a guy who flatted AQ in LP with 40bbs, against my 20 and called me down on an A 2 3 rainbow board, with me holding AJ. Fortunately he didn't play particularly well on later streets and I got away with losing the minimum. Nonetheless, with a decimated stack it doesn't help when you run A2 into AK bvb when 9bbs deep! Pretty much the story of the night, pp's not holding up, bb waking up with a hand.
Still, I'm happy with my decision to play on VC, I like the software and they have enough scheduled tournaments to keep me occupied.

On a different note, I have been messaging a 2p2er who is interested in discussing MTT strat and we have since linked up on Skype and MSN. I haven't been discussing enough hands and don't have many close mates who want to get as involved as I would. 2p2 is also starting to tilt me a little due to the American contingent. Seems they are pretty results orientated and breaking into the community is a rare thing.. As a result, they don't seem to give too much weight to my opinion at this stage, despite being a fairly regular poster. That just becomes annoying because I don't know if my line on a hand is correct and I haven't posted too many of my own hands until now, due to time restrictions. So, Nick and I (2p2er) intend to discuss a lot of hands, as he feels the same. He fundamentally plays $12 180s but has a similar roll to mine and again is equally placed, being a student in the Netherlands, so has the same constraints and probably the same goals!

With regard to Dan, I have yet to have our fortnightly review session due to other constraints and I felt a month's worth of volume should be more valuable, both in terms of a sample size and profit. So, next week I shall sit down with him and go over a few hands, look at the volume played, withdraw profit (I hope!) and then set our targets for the next phase. Fingers crossed he continues to put in the volume though, I'm sure the results will follow.

Next week I don't intend to put in an awful lot of volume myself however. My bro goes back to school on Monday so I'll probably chill with him up until that point. I think I will then head back down to London myself on Tuesday, as I don't imagine much will be happening up here due to mates having exams, plus I need to be back for Thursday night for footy. That will enable me to spend a lot of time in the library getting work out the way in preparation for the return of the Mrs. Would rather spend time with her then worry about deadlines!
Hopefully I'll manage to fit in some 180s but I'm definitely avoiding the late night finishes so I can hit the gym and then library in the mornings. My main aim next week, in terms of poker, is to spend a couple of hours a day on 2p2 and post some more of my own hands, not managed it over the break.

We'll see how it goes! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment