Monday 22 March 2010

AMAZING NIGHT!

This post will completely lack in coherence I imagine but I am writing it right off the back of a pretty surreal session.

For me, tonight really epitomises one thing - that persistence and volume really will reap rewards. I have played upwards of 50 tournaments this weekend, across three nights and although its nothing compared to a lot of baller grinders out there, its a substantial amount of volume for me and the schedule I play. Despite disastrous Friday and Saturday nights I was determined to sit back at the tables on Sunday and make it happen, when many may have passed it off and been downbeat. Indeed, I was so incredibly pumped at 4pm this afternoon, really looking forward to hitting the felt. It paid off and I truly believe I played some brilliant poker whilst also pulling off some sick sick run good!!!

I had multiple deep runs tonight, started at 4pm and I don't think I busted anything until about 7 so it was a bit crazy. I had 8 cashes and they were all pretty decent - with $70+ cashes in the 250k and the Daily $30k. I final table bubbled two tournaments on the euros, including Bwin's big $5 rebuy. However, that doesn't tell half the tale.

I managed a 2nd in the Ipoker $22, for a $900 score (damn 2nd :P) but more importantly and most notably I managed my first final table on Stars, which is pretty hilarious after my posts recently on Stars! Not only that but I also managed to ship it woooooop, sending me packing with a cool $2300 and some change, my biggest score to date!!! Sick life. Typically it was the $3.30 that I run good in but whatever, I won't complain!

In my haste to go and scream and run around for a few seconds I forgot to take any screen shots and the 2nd place on ipoker was whilst I was nearing the FT of the Stars tournament. I'll guess you'll have to trust me lol!

Literally an insane night with cashes just over $3500, taking the roll to just shy of $7000!!! Considering my target is $10,000 for the year, its looking good!

I literally have no idea what to do with myself now, I can't stop grinning and it feels so good cos I genuinely feel as if I deserved that and its a case of hard work paying off. Who knows. Also really happy to end on a high, as that will be my last big session until post-exams. I'll play a few tournaments as a break from revision now and again probably but nothing too big. Then its to the big month of June. Shame I can't continue now, maybe Stars has put me on a heater lol but I really have to knuckle down for a couple of months.

Anyway, that's the wrap I reckon, nothing to add. GL all

2 comments:

  1. Massive congrats. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY. Will talk to you tomorrow, fair amount of hands I'd like to look at at some point.

    ReplyDelete