Saturday 20 March 2010

Ooops!




Summary of the post above!
Decided to post on it now, at 4am, to get my thoughts etc out my head before the morning!

Put in a pretty hefty session tonight, playing a total of 26 tournaments, included a couple of $33s, resulting in a total buy-in of about $360. This is a little more than I would have liked to put on the line perhaps but I wanted to concentrate on the volume and with the average buy-in being at a comfortable $14 it was fine!

Anyway, despite some exceptionally deep runs, AGAIN, on Stars (including a 20th) and a final table (10th)on Bwin I couldn't manage to recoup or earn on that buy-in, resulting in a resounding $160 loss for the night. It was a fun evening however - railing Jon and vice versa, we also managed to talk a fair amount on hands and it was generally quite a productive evening in the sense that I feel I took a lot from it. That said, I'm in the game to earn money effectively and when that doesn't happen the successes are rather mundane!

What's more annoying is this is my last weekend of poker before a self-imposed ban in the build up to exams. I may play the odd tournament here and there as a break but I won't be putting in any significant sessions to speak of. On that basis I hope to be able to put in a session tomorrow but if not, certainly Sunday. I really want to end on a high so it doesn't consume my thoughts thereafter so I'm determined to make use of the next couple of nights. Alternatively, I have a big accumulator on the football this weekend so let me run good with that one time and ship ze monies! Must be due a win!

At some point over the next few weeks I'll post on my plans for after exams, with regard to poker. As I said before, my aim is to play full-time in June and see where I can go with it but I'm seriously frustrated with Stars and my current schedule in that respect. I'm only interested in playing schedules but I'm sick of having uber deep runs and earning peanuts in comparison to the effort put in or the result achieved. At the moment I sort of feel like slogging it out to get that illusive final table before leaving the site - as if I am owed it. I sure as hell have played a lot on there and time after time I lose the crucial flips when deep. On a side note...I ran into AA 5 times tonight when making those standard shoves when deep. Four of which woke up in the BB. Pretty hilarious.

Anyway, with a view to maintaining at least a reasonable lifestyle, whilst also reducing variance, I may well scrap Stars from my schedule. This will result in a decrease on volume on the night so I'll just have to make sure the frequency of sessions is increased. More of that later though..

I'll post again at the end of the weekend, hopefully with some positive news! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment