Sunday 7 February 2010

Changing Tides

I managed to put in a little session this evening, which unfortunately didn't go very well at all! I played 14 or so tournaments and didn't cash in any, bubbling a couple being the best I could manage tonight!

I sat down to have another large session, with 25+ lined up ready but I was still recovering from a very heavy Friday night and as a result a pretty ridiculous weekend. I haven't been drinking that much recently as I attempted to make a pact with myself to rule it out for a month. I failed - think that was the third night where I have really drank and boy did it show. I got dragged out in the first place, not in the mood, which perhaps didn't help but I was essentially in a coma until 6.50am on Sunday morning when I emerged from my pit. Rough one! That probably led to some pretty bad decisions tonight, plus I thought I may use the opportunity to get back into some good sleeping patterns too, hence why I unreg'd and ended early!

Think that could be the last session for a couples of weeks now, unfortunately. I've got a fairly busy couple of weeks ahead before my reading week, which entails a week off for private study. Given I'm aware of all my due dates for respective assignments my intention is to clear a lot of the workload in preparation for reading week, so I can take advantage of the mrs being away and put in some solid sessions. Come March there will be significantly less opportunities for me to put in the volume so I'm hoping that 10 day period could be quite a big opportunity to get the $$$!

Come April I will be self-banning myself until the end of May when my exams finish and in March I will see a reduction in what is already a lack of volume! So, I'm pretty keen to make the most of reading week as I say, get a massive amount of volume in and then spend more of my time in March putting in the hours on MTT strategy as opposed to actually playing.

We'll see how it pans out! GL all.

Edit: Not sure when I will next be posting, as I won't be playing much or have much to post about, other than random crap! So, as of tonight the roll stands at $3980...
On course for the target of $5000 by the summer. Let's hope it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment