Wednesday 24 February 2010

Session #2

Last night was a bit of an odd one and something that immediately made me think of a statement Jon and Fenix35 (see right) have come out with before... You may think a session is going terribly and then somehow you find yourself deep or on a final table, those are the interesting sessions and you end up getting pumped cos its gone so bad before BOOM, you're in the big money, when you don't anticipate t.

Last night was a bit like that. I started at 7pm and at midnight I hadn't cashed, didn't look like cashing and was beginning to get frustrated. I was just losing every flip/race/all in imaginable...KK
Anyway, determination and volume are key for this week so I stuck at it. At about 10 I registered for a whole more, anticipating things weren't going to plan and also perhaps a little nocturnal from last night! Eventually it paid off. I played 21 (I think) and cashed twice. Fortunately those two cashes were both final tables.

I came 2nd in the $11 on OnGame for $750 (2nd again, ugh!) and managed a 10th in the $11 on ipoker for $100 and some change. Pretty annoyed about the ipoker one really...I sort of limped on to it in all honesty, couldn't get anything going and was one of the short stacks for a while. I was happy with my propensity to shove however but A2 couldn't improve against the flopped J of J9 to send me packing! GG :p

The OnGame final table was going much the same way but I ran good in a particular hand to propel me to the chip lead... Villain shoves A8o with 21bbs, I snap with AKo with about 17bbs and then the bb and chip leader comes along for the ride with A4o. AK held and I'm looking good!

I was slightly disappointed to come 2nd initially, obviously there's a substantial difference between shipping it and coming 2nd! The only thing I remember right now is losing a huge race when heads up ftw. I had gone in with a 2:1 lead and was generally grinding him down. I have KJo on the BTN, standard raise, he 3 bets which he hadn't been doing an awful lot. I elect to call, feeling I have the ability to outplay him post and KJ has the potential to play well in position. Flop comes down J high with 2 clubs. He open shoved, which to me only meant he was flushing and just wanted to get it in. I call and he flips A8cc, turn club. FML. After that I was up against it a little and somewhat card dead, settling for 2nd.

As I say it was slightly annoying but again, I have to put it in perspective. Its the best part of a 20% increase on roll and the two 2nds I have had now amount to $2500. Last night was a $640 profit night so the roll is now at $4600 ish.
I'm really enjoying poker right now, results aside.

I'll put in another session tonight as promised, although it will only be a short one as the deep runs on both nights have meant I've not done as much as I would have liked during the days. I'll play about 12 tonight and probably start a little earlier.

GL all.

No comments:

Post a Comment