Monday 15 February 2010

Update

Thought I'd update on a really good, yet exhausting, weekend and the couple of sessions I've put in since the last post.

Went up to Nottingham for Jon's 21st on Friday, which was a truly eventful and awesome day/night. Won't go in to the ins and outs of it but it was awesome to see everyone (first time since NYE) and it was a pretty wicked celebration. Certainly looking forward to Jack's 21st next weekend, when we shall all congregate on and cause havoc in Manchester!

Aside from that I haven't done a great deal, trying to get on top of the workload whilst also enjoying life and earning some money! Apparently, the three don't tend to mix that well..

Anyway, on the poker front. I sensed a bit of "run bad" and a "downswong" entering the proceedings in mid-week.. Played 12, cashed in 0.
Equally, dropping £12 on the lottery, £10 on roulette and burning money generally didn't fill me with confidence.
Nonetheless, Valentine's or no Valentine's, run bad or run good, I had to participate in Stars' 40th billion milestone tournament tonight, dubbed the micro mill..
Initially I intended to have a small session but naturally it turned into a reasonably sized one after getting bored with few tables...

The micro mill went horrifically as did most things in all honesty. My main concern was keeping my average buy-in down as the milestone tournament fee was $40, something I'm massively under-rolled for. In the end the total buy-in was $180, across 14 tournaments with the average buy-in down at $13, which is comfortably within my affordability..

Anyway, I cashed in 3 (a crappy 54c profit in a $5 lol, a $43.96 in the $22 6 max on Bwin but most notably a $143 cash after an uber deep run in the $250k on Stars...210th (I think) out of 31000 was pretty respectable...
You can't help but feel aggravated after sitting there for this long only to break-even. That said, it would be naive to think of it that way, despite only breaking-even over the course of the night, in respect of that particular tournament, I should be really pleased, especially after bitching and whining at Jon for the majority of the night at how bad it was going... for both of us!

Most notably, I gave a lot of thought to certain hands when down to 1 table and attempted to get in the habit of analysing hands I'm not involved in and assigning ranges etc. I hope to spend a lot of time on 2p2 this week looking over a few hands etc...

On the playing front, I won't be able to put in a session before Thursday but I hope to then depending on what time the footy is and how I feel after. Otherwise, its my reading week the week after, when I intend to play every night.

Roll has dipped after a couple of bad sessions but nonetheless stands at about $3700.
Hopefully reading week can be a productive week in every sense!

GL all

No comments:

Post a Comment