Wednesday 9 June 2010

Blah

I've put in two decent sessions over the last couple of nights and seem to be average at a cool $120 loss each time over some 20 odd tournaments. Sigh.

I think I managed 1/2 cashes on Monday night and perhaps double that last night, including a nice run in the $33 on VC, only to bust in 16th. Sigh.
I can't complain too much however as I made some truly bad decisions in a couple as the night progressed. This was probably out of frustration, a willingness to go and do other things and just general tiredness. I also had a crazy hour and a half between about 7 and 8.30 when I had 16/17 tables on the go, something I couldn't handle. I'll have to kerb that but I was unable to start at the initial 3pm I intended, 6pm instead, so I just went crazy between 6 and 9pm. Its all trial and error however and eventually I will have perfected as good a schedule as is possible.

Speaking of trial and error, Ladbrokes has now been and gone also! I played the €5.50 rebuy and was registered for a few others before quickly un-registering. There aren't enough games for me so it ends up being a pain cos the laptop has to run another program along with all the add-ons that Ladbrokes seems to have and all for like 3/4 tournaments a night. The software isn't great either. So, I'm now running with the ethos - "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The skins/networks I play on now are adequate, I'm used to them and there are a lot of positives to them. I'm probably unlikely to be able to put in a consistent amount of volume that warrants adding a fourth site anyway. That, and, the fact that the schedule across the three sites I do play in is more than enough for me, in the evenings. The problems lies with any daytime sessions as the euros are pitiful in the department but Ladbrokes offers nothing in a way of a solution to that.

Not entirely sure when I'm next going to be able to hit the felt but I'll certainly find the time for another 2/3 sessions this week. I'm meeting a friend in a pub at 11.30 this morning, as he will have finished his exams. This is clearly a horrible idea lol. Nonetheless it means I won't be playing today! Hopefully I can limit any, inevitable, hangover and put in a decent session during the day on Thursday. I don't hold much hope however!

GL.

No comments:

Post a Comment