Sunday 6 June 2010

GO GO GO

As the title suggests, its now all systems go on the poker front and summer effectively starts tomorrow.
I've finished exams, attended many a mandatory celebratory party and completed various things that needed doing. I've also managed to secure work placements and with no holiday forthcoming I can take poker into account within my lifestyle. The only remaining anomaly is accommodation and whether I grind in London full-time or in the West Midlands, with my parents, part-time. That should start to click in to place once my exam results come in however. Hopefully all goes well and we can begin a cracking year on all fronts. Things are on the up and I'm chuffed!

Had a bit of a beat over the last few days as my girlfriend moved out due to commitments requiring her to be elsewhere as of next year - as well as a financial burden. I won't go into details. It shouldn't make too much of a difference as we effectively have two homes between us and are still half an hour apart. Its an odd feeling nonetheless.

Anyway, the positives. I effectively have "my pad" back and its pretty awesome, especially with the World Cup starting. I've re-organised things today and its effectively injected a new lease of life in me. I even dug out my massive England flag and put that out on the balcony so all those travelling on the A12 during rush hour can wake me up with the sound of their horns at 7am! It best be worth it - Stevie G lifting the cup a week before my 21st would be a peach and make my endeavours with the flag seem worth it!

So, I'm all sorted and raring to go. New, flash, "look at me" suit bought, flat spotless, work sorted, exams completed, parties ongoing. Life is sweet. I hope it continues.
One of my aims is to hit the gym intensively now. I followed up FAR too many take-aways over the exam period with some serious consecutive drinking sessions for 10 days after exams. I now feel pretty unhealthy! So not only do I want to get back to the gym to feel better but I also think it will help with the discipline during some mammoth grinding sessions.

I intend to ease myself into it this week with about 5 full-day sessions. That will either be regging from 5pm onwards or doing two split-sessions. I'm not going to entirely isolate myself and will go out if I am asked to in advance. I am also wary of a few mates finishing exams this week so anticipate some more drunken antics ensuing and that might jeopardise the schedule a tad this week. However, I am definitely in London until mid-July, if not beyond, and most people start working down here in about 7-14 days and when that happens I can be left to my job of grinding, in between work placements etc. Until then I'll be playing a flexible full-time schedule, if that makes any sense whatsoever!

I'll comment in more detail on the poker schedule tomorrow. I intend to sort out Ladbrokes and Betfair tomorrow and then devise several playable schedules which will enable me to adapt accordingly

For now, I'm back and raring to go!

2 comments:

  1. I travel down the A12 every day - will be making sure to beep every time I see that England flag!! Cannot wait for the world cup myself and have been following the build up closely. As for poker, not sure when I'm gonna play with all the games on TV. Gonna have to make time late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard any beeping yet!
    Although I imagine after Saturday it just winds people up...
    Having the same sort of problems with managing to fit in poker and late night sessions just seem to ruin me the following day!

    ReplyDelete