Saturday 12 June 2010

Thorpe Park and a mammoth Sunday

I haven't managed to hit the tables again since my last outing, instead being drunk, in arguments, on roller-coasters, being ill and doing airport runs! Its been quite a busy few days.

It started on Weds when a friend finished his last exam. I promptly got a call at 11am demanding my presence at the pub. I arrived at half 11 only to be fed sambucca. Ugh. The day was only going one way. In the end it was a pretty sweet day to be honest - it was kind of a steady drunk and we travelled to various bars and made sure we ate so nobody was entirely smashed. Sophisticated or what? By 2pm myself and 2 others had also randomly booked Thorpe Park tickets for the following day. This was and is hilarious, as none of us can remember how the hell we came about having the conversation or booking the tickets lol. I literally just bought 2 people tickets via the phone in this bar and that was it, we were leaving from mine at 8.30am and off we go (didn't leave at 8.30am obviously!).

I then went to the bar we used to work at and had apparently been barred lol, for not turning up to my last shift. I told them what I thought. They eventually let me in. Every manager was fine with me and said hi, no animosity at all. One power crazy twat just took exception to it, basically a personal grudge but whatever, he got over it.

So anyway, we then went out in brick lane and met some real cool people, although an entirely odd mix. An Irish guy, a guy from Brighton and some randomly silent girl from somewhere. It was odd cos they had just met themselves and it just led to an entirely unique conversation. I can't explain it, it just epitomised Brick lane and London I think.

Things took a turn for the worse cos I had actually woken up a tad ill, swollen glands and was feeling it a bit later, although they all assured me I was just a lightweight etc. I wasn't drunk or showing sings of being drunk so fuck you all. Nonetheless I woke up at 7am ready for Thorpe Park only to feel like absolute horse shit and not in a hungover sense. I postponed and we eventually left at 10.30am. It was worth it. Mid-week and pretty shit weather, we did everything multiple times. The new Saw ride is fucking awesome, Nemesis Inferno equally as good. Stealth - OMFG. And one other I forget the name of, began with C. Anyway, all round awesome day after getting lost. I came back feeling worse having been drenched by Tidal Wave however. Probably near death to be fair.

Friday was pretty lacklustre in comparison, filled with odd jobs and airport runs. The good thing to come out of that is I have a set of keys to a place in Bulgaria. Schweet. I could be heading out there the week after next and then through to Greece and Turkey, a friend is also keen on driving the Bulgaria - Greece - Turkey leg so that would be cool. Unconfirmed as is everything however. We'll see.

SO, COME ON ENGLAND. That's, unsurprisingly, what my day consists of today. More on that later, as well as my mammoth session tomorrow. 1pm onwards I reckon. Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment