Wednesday 16 June 2010

Swongs

All though relatively minor and insignificant compared with some grinders' downswings, I'm definitely experiencing one of my own!

Last night made it 71 tournaments played with a resounding loss of over $400, with the average buy-in at $10 approximately. I'm not on massive tilt about it and the good thing is I'm still looking forward to getting back to the tables in an effort to rectify it. It's extremely frustrating however, as this level of volume won't be able to be kept up for too long if all I do is lose! There will come a point where I'm going to have to let poker take a back seat/part-time role and get on with other things, despite wanting to play through it!

I'm caught in two minds as to whether to limit the size of the session and try and keep to 6 tables at any one time, working on my game and thinking about each decision or whether to just hammer out the volume. The former might work to control that aura of frustration and allow me to make sensible decisions. However, when I'm hammering out the volume you don't notice how many 70/30s you're losing, just see tables disappearing rapidly without definitive knowledge of how you go bust! Obviously you know you've probably just lost one of those standard flips but you don't see that brutality of it lol.

I'm leaning towards just hammering out the volume purely because I still think the vast majority of my decision making is fine. Bar the final two tables last night, which in itself is soul-destroying, I was playing fine but just getting irritated by an inability to get anything going! My decisions on the final two probably left much to be desired but oh well....

I'll start up again at 4/5pm today hopefully, just gotta get some work out the way first.

No comments:

Post a Comment