Sunday 6 December 2009

Aghhhh

The title of the post pretty much reflects my mood. Should be happy but can't be, really want to/need to make the most of the deep runs and I had several this evening but no major scores.

Once again I went deep in the DTD tournaments, breaking into the final 30 for a min cash effectively. Stars then saw 2 final tables in the $2.20 180 mans but came 8th both times for about 5x 8 place finishes in those! Need to analyse these and see where I go wrong..instinct tells me building a stack on the table before.

The two main success came in the $5.50 on Bwin that I won last week and the $8.80 on Stars, another of their donkaments. I final tabled the Bwin tournament again but busted out 10th for an $85 cash. Should be happy I final tabled and the cash in proportion to the buy in is ok...the roll grows after all. But, as I said, how many times will I final table...taking a top 6/7 finish there would have been nice, a top 3 great!

As for Stars, I ended up coming 54th in one of their huge fields but the cash was a mere $36, pretty mundane for 5 hours work.

I intend to give the subject of Stars some more thought...the fields are just incredibly big and I'm not sure whether grinding the tournaments on there is the EV decision. I may leave some money on there exclusively for the 180mans but put some more money on another skin, Ladbrokes/Betfair perhaps. Will give this some more thought and comment later.

Anyway, in summary..that's 14 tournaments played tonight, 32 in total. Tonight was a $90 profit night roughly but the closing figures:

Roll is at $2101.88 after 32 games. Glad to see its increasing but really disheartened with the fact I couldn't manage a bigger score. Still, best not be greedy!

1 comment:

  1. I think you might be taking this a bit too hard and putting way too much pressure on yourself. People come 10th all the time, people go a whole month coming 8th-17th in all their deep runs (me), it sucks but at least you have a first to be happy about. You won quite a few average buy ins last night so that should be a massive thumbs up. You also said you 'need to' make the most of the deep runs. Don't say stuff like that, it only pressures you. You have a large roll and that means you are comfortable enough to not 'need to' do anything. The only thing you 'need to' do is put in volume and make the right decisions when you do. Results and profits will come with time.

    You played well last night and apart from one hand I am pretty sure you made the right decision every time. Again that is a massive thumbs up.

    You now have another final table to be happy about. Thats a thumbs up.

    Overall it was a bloody good night for you. Well done. Now analyse some hands and move on.

    ReplyDelete