Sunday 6 December 2009

Super Sunday..

Had a pretty good day today, thought a lot about poker, ridiculed myself over being downbeat last night and getting pretty pumped for Jon's visit over the next three days.
Let's hope this positive attitude will carry forward into tonight and I can reap the financial rewards of more final table appearances!

Went for a half hour run along the canal today and thought a lot about poker, what I want from it, where I want to go with it and how I want to develop. I am really happy and encouraged with the way I have improved my tournament game over the past month or so and I hope to be able to continue this much more over Xmas when I don't have the distraction of London as a whole, whether it be uni, girlfriends, work, friends, whatever. Looking forward to seeing mates over Xmas and making the most of the break but I also see it as a great opportunity to spend a lot of time on tournament strategy.
I'm slightly hesitant as to the amount of volume I will be able to put in as my parents just hate me playing a lot round them.. Plus, more importantly, I haven't been home since August and I'm really looking forward to getting back so I don't intend to submerse myself into endless nights of grinding.

On the Stars front, I am 85% convinced my money would be better spent used elsewhere and I think this is the line I will take.. Before I make any concrete decisions I intend to have a chat to Jon about it this week and I also won't be able to grind again until next weekend so I don't need to make any irrational decisions. As it stands, I think I shall leave $200 or so on Stars and exclusively play the 180 man SNGs. I will then put the same amount on a new site, probably Ladbrokes but possibly Betfair. I will weigh it up next week and see.

Should be a really good week now, good to catch up with Jon and looking forward to having a couple of explosive nights out on the alcohol front and maybe mixing it in with some big scores..both on the female front and in terms of shipping tournaments. Here's to hoping hey! Also got the 5-a-side football league starting on Thursday, not in January as we managed to get an earlier slot. Can't wait for this, although not sure how I will feel after two 50min games on Thursday night, probably won't feel much actually...just pain.

Going to take tonight fairly easy I think. Don't want to get up at midday tomorrow and lose the entire day as that will be inevitable for Tuesday and Wednesday. So, I shall play a few of the earlier tournaments tonight and then just chill out. Really want to play the Sunday £250k but I'll leave it for a rainy day! Hopefully I can report back later with another final table result!

No comments:

Post a Comment