Thursday 10 December 2009

Life >>> Volume

Guess its pretty obvious from the lack of posts but there has been and will continue to be a huge drop in volume at the moment, which really sucks.

Just had a pretty sick few days with Jon in London, for a variety of reasons. Needless to say, we were up to our old tricks - life fails. But having some serious laughs and good times in the process..roll on Nottingham imo and before that, Newport.

On the subject of Newport, really really really can't wait to get home next week, literally counting down the days. So many different reasons for me wanting to go home so I won't bother listing them. Just hoping the boys don't get up to too much prior to my appearance! Then hopefully 20th-23rd will consist of daily/nightly events.

However, as a result of the last three days and my imminent arrival home, the next few days are going to be intensely busy and I literally can't play any poker. I HOPE to be able to at least put in one session on Saturday or Sunday night and then one session again next week but that is literally the extent of it I think, unless I try and fit in the odd few tournaments during the day.
I found myself thinking about this a bit last night and unfortunately I think the Christmas break may be similar. I intend to be busy everyday doing things, whether it be with family or whatever. Neither do I want to shut myself away as of 6/7pm and start grinding. I might be able to play a few late late night sessions but basically I think I was way too optimistic with the amount of volume I would be able to put in.

As a result of this, before I go home I'm going to draw up a list of targets to achieve over the break that can enable me to keep in touch with poker. I may also decide to come back to London a couple of days early - say the 07th January, just so I can grind for a solid 3 days and make up for lost volume. Will give it some thought..

For now, I have the first 5-a-side footy league game tonight, which I can't wait for. Haven't played football since school/first summer at uni so really looking forward to that, alongside a good 50min run-out. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment