Wednesday 2 December 2009

Bored

This post is further demonstration of procrastination.. Keep dipping in and out of these damn essays..

Anyway, no volume again tonight, which sucks. Slowly but surely ploughing through this work.. I may be able to put in a session on Saturday night but definitely Sunday, I am determined to!

On another level, as I mentioned before, I have become increasingly concerned about my level of focus/motivation so I have been looking at ways of altering that and having a read a bunch of stuff online, prior to this book arriving, I think I have made some progress in this department. Although pretty standard the concept of setting targets and doing daily plans will be useful in getting myself back into a routine, from which it will then be easy, hopefully. I want to start doing this now, in preparation for January and a solid last few months of the academic year.

1) Be out of bed at 8.30am every single weekday
2) Eat breakfast every single morning and within half an hour of waking up
3) Go back to drinking 2L of water every single day
4) Absolutely no chocolate/sweets whatsoever until they are forced down me over Xmas
5) No-more lunchtime pints with friends at uni, pointless spending the cash and putting on the calories
6) Only drink on pre-planned nights, don't create a night pointlessly and meet a mate in a local
7) When drinking on a night out, also drink water along with the alcohol..feminine I know but it will be worth it
8) Budget better (more detailed stuff on that but cba to write it)
9) Go for a run on every other Tuesday morning (when not in a seminar at 9am), Wednesday morning, Thursday morning, Saturday morning unless I have been out on the Friday night, in which case Sunday evening before grinding
10) Sign up to the gym again when back in January
11) Grind 3 nights a week if all work is out the way. Increase volume to 6-tables at any one time
12) As of January, do not miss a single lecture or seminar unless there is a genuine reason (lol)
13) As a result of altering eating/drinking habits, lose 8lb and decrease body fat % to 17% (its currently 20.4%)
14) Go to more of the SU events rather than isolate myself from uni related nights by going out with others elsewhere
15) Read more again
16) Hit 500 posts on 2p2 by January 11th, 80% of which should be based on MTT strategy
17) Invest in another tournament strategy book/guide
18) Play more live TOURNAMENTS as of January 11th..numbers tbc


This is everything on my list that I developed today. As it stands some of these are fairly broad targets but I intend to narrow it down and create more specific KPIs effectively.
Think its good to set myself goals etc like this and I really want to nail life as of January. If I get a 1st in my degree I am pretty much set up career wise and financially. If I can continue to put in the volume with poker and end up with something in the region of $5,000 by Summer, I would like to travel and it takes the pressure off financially. Healthy body = healthy mind so I intend to renew my gym membership again and my 5-a-side football league also starts up on the 18th January so this should be a good thing.

Here's to higher achievers imo..

No comments:

Post a Comment