Thursday 24 December 2009

Rebuy's

Not really much to post about in the last few days as there has been less volume and a bit of a downswing has led to a lack of motivation to both post and spend hours on 2+2!
Been really busy with Christmas and family stuff so looking forward to that dying down as of Sunday and managing to meet up with friends and hopefully put in more volume.

Anyway, had a brief discussion with Jon a couple of days ago who encouraged to play the $3 rebuy's given the poor standard and dead money. Providing my average buy-in doesn't get too out of control then he was of the opinion that this should be ok. This has brought me back to Stars as a result and I'm still tossing and turning over what to do. Bwin and DTD just have such a lack of flexibility. I haven't managed to keep to my schedule at all this week so its just a question of booting up tournaments when I can. This is one reason for the lack of volume as the EU sites offer nothing at the times I can play, or at least less regularly, and I have been avoiding Stars (see previous posts). Anyway, I gave in yesterday, I thought volume is better than no volume, wherever it is. Until such time as I get back to London I think this may have to be the case.

So, I took on the advice and played 2 of the $3 rebuys on Stars..the big ones. Bubbled them both having spent $9.90 both times - fine.
Coincidentally, I then notice tonight that Stars has (not sure if they are new or what), 180 man $3r's. REGISTER! I played 2, ran like god in one and came 3rd for a tidy $200 score! WOOP!
Its probably a sign of my ambition to say that I was still sort of annoyed as 1st was a good $500, which makes a difference. But anyhoo...put in the volume Jamie!
This pushes me back above the $2k mark given the recent downswing, so that's pleasing. Also have the staking review with Dan coming up but I understand he has played about 100 games as in profit so I look forward to a good review there. Onwards and upwards!

That's about all that has happened on the poker front. I won't make any more outlandish posts on schedules etc for a while, need to work it all out for definite in my own mind. Outside of poker I haven't done that much either, which is starting to tilt me. All its been is shopping etc and before Christmas this was going to be the case, more family based but I was hoping to be able to fit in trips to see friends but this hasn't happened. Hopefully this will change soon anyway! GL and Happy Christmas all..

3 comments:

  1. Hey dude, just caught up with the blog, and its a brilliant read! Unlike Jon, I know you've got the way with words, and it comes across as a very controlled but ambitious blog, and it's really fascinating and entertaining to read!

    I'm really proud of the targets you've set yourself, and I know you'll smash them all. One target I'll set myself is to see you more lol, starting the day after Xmas maybe...

    I'd wish you success, but you've got it lol, so I wish you continued success on all fronts, and for what it's worth, my pride in what you're doing.

    Glad to see that Dan is doing OK, I've heard nothing but bad things about him, but it seems like you're the Mr. Miyagi to his Daniel-San (Gotta love The Karate Kid).

    Safe Brah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I have a way with words. A poor one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TY for post! I'll keep you posted now doubt..

    ReplyDelete