Sunday 27 December 2009

Christmas

Well, its been a pretty awesome Christmas to be honest - with family. Been really good fun, me and my old man have been smashed off various whiskeys every night. Ate insane amounts of food, didn't get dressed for about 4 days, played games, owned my entire family at every single general knowledge quiz imaginable and the best bit...Santa did good and I am now able to multi-table the crap out of poker.

Although, Christmas hasn't really stopped yet, both parents are off work until I go back to uni basically and obviously my bro is not at school so its sort of an extended festive period for us... As a result the volume is completely lacking. Also been on other things and been really tired/drunk come midnight when I would have been able to put in a session. My Dad bought my Mum this exercise cross trainer thingy and I've been running 3 miles everyday on that, then my bro will do it and we compete (beats going out in the snow!). So come the evening I'm just gagging for sleep or to wind down, the last thing I want to do is play poker.

The bad point for me is not seeing mates and in all honesty its tilting the crap out of me. No doubt people will bitch and whine about me behind my back and blame the fact I moved out of Newport yet I am the one that likes the drive and is fully prepared to do it but people cant be fucked to organise themselves like an hour before they might normally do, that way I can arrange it easily. But yeh, pretty predictable I guess. As a result I'm considering heading back to London for NYE or just heading back permanently this week and smashing it down there. As much as I love chilling out with family I'm not doing it all day everyday. That will also enable me to have some serious degen sessions with a couple of guys down there - play solid for a week/ten days before the mrs gets back. Speaking of which, booked surprise tickets to the Big Apple for our anniversary, that's gonna be fooking sick.

Missed out on the Stars World Record tonight too, gutted. Despite registering "3 times" half an hour/1 hour before, it said when actually seating that I wasn't actually registered as it wasn't processed in time. Think there were 150,000 entrants though..pretty ill. Top 16 had 4 figures too, pretty sweet, gonna rail in a bit! A pretty large overlay too...

So, all in all a pretty sweet time at the moment. Looking forward to getting back to London and especially seeing mrs (sad but a lots been said between us this break), having a huge house party on the second night back as well so that should be cool. Then 2010 will bring huge success in poker....ONE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment